During the year different kind of workshops are held in La Piconera, they are both for professional and non-professional dancers:
· CREATION WORKSHOPS IN CONTEMPORARY DANCE FOR CHILDREN FROM 4 TO 12 YEARS OLD.
· CREATION WORKSHOPS IN CONTEMPORARY DANCE FOR ADULTS
La Piconera has two practice rooms availables for rehearsals or realisation of workshops or classes:
– One room of 120 m2 and 5 m height.
– One room of 49 m2 and 3 m height.
Both are clear spaces with wooden floors and linoleum, sound equipment, and are designed to accommodate rehearsals of dance, theater, castings, or function as sets for film or photography sessions.
La Piconera also has two changing rooms, showers and a small kitchen and an area set as break zone
Power supply: single phase / 40 amps / watts between 8000 and 6000.
Rental prices vary depending on the activity to be carried out and the length of rental.
For pricing and availability contact Núria Aguiló: firstname.lastname@example.org / 93 329 39 04.
La Piconera is the name of our headquarters and it has three spaces clearly differentiated: ans scenography workshop, two offices and two rehearsal rooms. This is a unique space, in operation since 2007, located in the middle of City of Theatre in Barcelona.
It has two rehearsal rooms: one of them has 120 m2 and 5 m height and the other one has 49m2. Both are clear spaces with wooden floors and linoleum, sound equipment, and are designed to accommodate rehearsals of dance, theater, castings, or function as sets for film or photography sessions. The Piconera also has two changing rooms, showers and a small kitchen and an area set as break zone.
The Piconera pretends to be a place close to dance professionals. The company Sol Picó manages the space as a place of encounter and artistic exchange, a creative space not only for the needs of the company but open to any artist interested in working in this territory. “La Fura dels Baus”, “Sr. Serrano “,” La Viuda “, ” La Intrusa ” or ” La Veronal “are some of the artists and companies that have made use of our facilities. Recently The Piconera shares space with the company Roseland and La Veronal.
The Piconera stable activity is:
- It holds the company trainings, open to all dance professionals and people interested in the movement. The following disciplines are currently teached in La Piconera:
– Iyengar Yoga
– Physical Training
– Adult Contemporary Dance for non-professionals
- The space also hosts social inclusion projects through dance, a work that directly affects the social network of Poble Sec district. One goal of La Piconera is to liaise with people from the neighborhood, bringing them closer the creative work we develop and likewise making an effort to spread the world of dance to all sectors of society. Following this line of work, La Piconera offers activities for various groups:
-Contemporary dance workshops for children: These sessions are designed specifically for children in the neighborhood and aims to continue with a social project developed by the company for three years in a school district whose main objective is to promote integration through dance.
Furthermore, La Piconera also offers a programm of artistic residencies for young creators of the city.